The object of the PCRS is to promote research into all aspects of palliative care and to facilitate its dissemination (see our Constitution). Membership is open to individuals or organisations. The subscription period is from 1st January - 31st December.
The fee for 2017 is £48.00 (£35.00 full time students and the unwaged).
The benefits of membership to the Society include:
1. Collective EAPC membership – this entitles you to reduced fees for attendance at the EAPC reserach conference, a saving of around £100 on the early bird rate.
2. Access to the EAPC members website and all the other benefits this includes, namely:
3. Access to the online version of BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care (a saving of over £60 on the individual BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care subscription fee)
4. Access to the secure PCRS “Member Only” section of the revised website.
5. Master classes – members will be entitled to a reduced fee to attend the series of regional master classes, to be held in Dundee, Cardiff, Liverpool and Northern Ireland )
6. Newsletters – the PCRS has introduced a Guest Editorial section.
7. Facebook page – providing, for example, opportunities for dissemination of study days, research, job opportunities and more.
1.Firstly, fill out a Membership Application form with all your personal contact details and research interests.Click here to download the membership application form
2.Download the bank mandate and complete your bank's details in section A and other details in section C. The bank mandate must be sent directly to your bank or building society. The membership fee for 2017 is £48.00 (£35.00 for full time students and the unwaged) to include 12 months online subscription to BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care. Please ensure the payment date for your standing order is arranged for January of each year.Click here to download information on how to pay
3.Alternatively, forward a cheque for the amount made payable to ` Palliative Care Research Society`. Forward the application form and payment to Mrs Heather Enticott, The Compleat Conference Company Limited, Lancaster Court, 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU
4.Your application will then be processed and a receipt will be emailed upon receipt of your first payment. If payment has been made by BACS please email to advise to Kate Smith
5.Members should be aware that two reminders of non-payment of fees will be sent before membership is discontinued. Any overpayments will not be refunded unless requested by email to Kate Smith