Membership of the Palliative Care Research Society is open to anyone interested in palliative care research across the ages, care continuum, model of care and profession. Members are drawn from many different professionals including medicine, nursing, social work and allied health professions, and include students as well as those more experience in the field. The focus is on palliative care research in the UK, however international members are also welcome to join.
Benefits for members include:
- Email updates relating to palliative care research news, funding and job adverts.
- Access to scholarships advertised through the Palliative Care Research Society newsletter and membership list.
- Reduced registration rates for Palliative Care Research Society workshops and conferences, and reduced registration fees for conferences such as the EAPC Palliative Care Congress and the APM Supportive and Palliative Care (ASP) conference.
- Members only networking events held at key conferences.
- Opportunities for members to display posters/ information at the Palliative Care Research Society stand at conferences.
- Online membership to the BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care
- Journal through the members only section of the website.
- Opportunities to share research in the regular Palliative Care Research Society newsletter.
- EAPC membership and access to EAPC member resources.
- Access to a closed Facebook discussion forum.
- Voting rights within the Palliative Care Research Society
The fee for 2018 is £48.00 (£35.00 full time students and the unwaged).